A most cordial welcome to us at the International English School in Gävle!
Here at IES Gävle, our over 1,200 students in grades 3-9 are always our main focus. It is very important to us that our students have a calm and safe school environment, in order for them to develop academically to their full potential, as well as gain advantages for the future by learning to command the world language English from an early age.
We have now started our 14th school year here in Gävle. This means that we have a great deal of experience, but we are always striving to develop and improve for the benefit of our students. This year, some of our efforts and investments include:
- continued development of our IT resources at the school
- an improved wood- and metalshop in the Junior building
- investments in the Technology subject in the Senior building, including a new Technology classroom, and computer programming education
- a new receptionist position in the Junior building, for increased safety and well-being
- continued and expanded participation in the “Gävle Model” against bullying and discrimination, in cooperation with the Gävle municipality and the University of Gävle
This school year again, we have welcomed new colleagues from around the world. Both staff and students from different backgrounds give us all more knowledge about, and a deeper understanding of, the world we all live in.
We have also received the results from the surveys that were conducted among students, parents and staff during the spring. Overall, they show great satisfaction with our school, but they also give us important information about areas to focus on.
Again, a warm welcome, and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries!